The eBay About Me page may be used to let the eBay community know more about an eBay member, including:
- Showing off fabulous finds
- Displaying items up for bid
- Describing favourite hobbies
- Describing a seller's business (which may contain Web addresses or links to the seller's individual Web site).
It may not promote outside of eBay sales or prohibited items, nor may it contain links to commercial Web sites where goods from multiple sellers are aggregated by a common search engine.
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or cancelling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.
Why does eBay have this policy?
The About Me page allows eBay members to tell the Community more about themselves. This policy helps keep eBay a safe and enjoyable marketplace for buyers and sellers.