eBay treats member identity with great respect. eBay expects community members to treat member identity with the same level of respect.
Rules and policies about contact information
- eBay members can't misrepresent their identities.
- eBay members must always provide valid and complete contact information.
- For everyone's safety, members are never permitted to publish the contact information of other members in an online public area.
- Every eBay membership must always have a valid email address.
- eBay buyers and sellers must be at least 18 years old.
- eBay has certain policies regarding choosing your User ID.
Activity on eBay is required to:
- Follow all applicable laws
- Respect the rights of third parties
- Follow the eBay User Agreement
- Follow this eBay policy
If activity doesn’t meet these requirements, eBay may take action consistent with applicable laws and the eBay User Agreement, and may even be legally required to do so. Such actions may include, as an example only: administratively ending listings or cancelling transactions, hiding or lowering the placement of listings in search results, lowering seller rating, restricting buying or selling, forfeiture of fees, loss of buyer or seller protections, restricting access to member communication and rating tools, removing feedback, and account suspension.