Vacuum Cleaner for Christmas
Buying a practical device that could ease your life can be a great way to begin your Christmas shopping. If you are planning to host a Christmas party, a vacuum cleaner will make the after-party clean-up a lot easier. There’s a vast selection of brands and models on eBay to cater to every household’s needs. Before making a choice, consider the weight and size of the vacuum cleaner, and the accessories it comes with. You can go for the robotic vacuums if you want to enjoy some personal time while the house gets all cleaned-up. Your friends and family are sure to appreciate a Christmas gift that can cut down on their daily chores.
What types of vacuum cleaners are there?
There are 5 main types of vacuum cleaners:
- Upright vacuums: Upright vacuum cleaners stand upright and are pushed on wheels. They have brush rollers to deep-clean carpets.
- Canister vacuums: These machines have a canister and a vacuum head, which can often be changed with a variety of different attachments and accessories depending on your needs. They can be used to clean walls, curtains, and furniture.
- Stick vacuums: These models are slim and lightweight. They have small heads that are easy to maneuver around furniture. They are designed to deal with minor messes.
- Handheld vacuums: These grab-and-go hand vacs are portable, battery-powered machines that are designed to deal with messes in small areas.
- Robotic vacuums: These machines are able to zip around different rooms and clean while you are busy with other household tasks. Some robotic vacuums can even be turned on remotely by a smartphone so that they can remove dirt and dust while you are not home.
How are bagged and bagless vacuum cleaners different?
Bagged vacuums have a bag that must be taken out and disposed of when it is full. For bagless machines, the canister can be removed and the contents dumped. Both types have different advantages:
- Bagged vacuums: These vacuums are hygienic as the closed bags contain the dirt and debris.
- Bagless vacuums: These vacuums are eco-friendly as they do not make additional waste with the bags. It is easy to know when these vacuums are empty.
What should you consider when looking for vacuum cleaners?
Choosing a cleaning machine that works for your needs is crucial to saving time and energy. You should consider:
- Cordless or corded: Cordless vacuums can be taken anywhere without having to worry if there is a plug nearby.
- Bagged or bagless: Vacuums cleaners with bags can further reduce allergens in the air.
- Type: Depending on the size of your home and the type of floors you have, some types of vacuum cleaners may work better than others.
- Weight: Lighter machines are easier to use while heavier machines can pack more power to deep-clean your floors.
- Accessories: Some vacuums come with accessories that are equipped to deal with pet hair, corners, and bare floors.