Toys for Girls
Little girls love playing with developmental toys. Whether the buyer is looking for a gift or a toy for his or her own kids, there are many items to choose from. From stimulating baby toys to activity playsets, toys enrich a child’s motor skills and develop their imaginations.What should a buyer consider when purchasing developmental toys for a girl?
- Safety: It is essential that the buyer check each toy for age appropriate safety before giving it to a little girl. Small parts should never be given to a child under 3 years of age. Also, all materials should be safe for kids, non-toxic, and durable. Toys for a baby must be checked especially carefully, since babies put everything in their mouths.
- Age of the child: A baby, a toddler, and a preschool girl all have different needs and enjoy playing with different things. Selecting a gift for kids should be driven by their age.
- Category: Kids use toys to learn new skills, to develop their imaginations, to role-play, and for comfort. For learning, select playthings that teach a skill the little girl is working on, like letters, numbers, or hand-eye coordination. Preschool-age kids enjoy simple educational games and puzzles. To develop a girl’s imagination, choose a role-playing set like a doctor kit. For comfort, choose a cuddly doll or stuffed animal.
- Infant: For a baby, consider soft blankets, teethers, rattles, mobiles, toys that hang from car seats or swings, and activity play mats.
- Toddler: For toddler girls, look at playthings that teach letters and numbers, games, dolls, blocks, cars, or toys that are fun to play with in the bath.
- Preschool: Preschool girls enjoy games and puzzles as well as dollhouses, cars, trucks, trains, and special furniture. Electronic dolls that sing or speak are great as well.
- Role-Playing: All children like role-playing, which develops their imaginations. There are play kitchen sets, costumes, vanity mirrors, teacher or doctor kits.
- Dolls and Stuffed Animals: Dolls and animals are great for girls of any age. A doll allows a child to model caretaking skills as well as expanding her imagination. These can be used for comfort and make-believe play.
- Ride-Ons:Little girls love cars, tricycles, bouncing ponies, and scooters. These develop a child’s motor skills while they are having fun. These also enhance a kid’s sense of accomplishment in getting around on their own.
Some of the major players include Fisher-Price, Mattel, Lamaze, Infantino, Disney, LeapFrog, Melissa and Doug, Imaginarium, Learning Resources, and KidKraft.
Users looking at Toys for Girls have also viewed Girls Toys