Enhance Your Photography With a Sony Fisheye Camera Lens
When you are standing on the roof of a skyscraper with the entire city below you, a fisheye camera lens can help you capture a hemispherical or panoramic image of the cityscape. These lenses are compatible with a wide range of different camera mounts. These particular lenses are outfitted with focal lengths that range from around 4 millimeters to upwards of 28 millimeters.Which types of cameras do fisheye lenses work with?
- Digital SLR: This is a type of camera that provides you with both manual and automatic control options with a wide range of different settings from focus settings to exposure settings. These are relatively large cameras that come equipped with interchangeable lenses. They are also outfitted with a series of small mirrors as well as a sensor.
- Mirrorless interchangeable: This is a type of camera that comes without any mirrors inside and is available in a compact form. It makes use of a digital sensor and can be equipped with both automatic and manual features.
- SLR: This is a type of camera that is equipped with an electronic viewfinder and uses a specific type of mirror and prism system, which provides you with the ability to look through the lens and see exactly how the image will appear once the photo has been taken. These cameras can come in a wide variety of different sizes and make use of physical film for the capture of all of your images.
- Camcorder: This is a type of portable device that can be used as both a video recorder as well as a video camera. The captured video can be saved on a wide range of different formats, including cassette tapes and hard drives. Some of these devices are equipped with the ability to capture still images.
- Auto: This is a type of optical system that uses a small motor within the camera to cause the lens to focus on a specific point or area within the frame. An autofocus system will highlight this point automatically without requiring you to change any settings before snapping the photo.
- Manual: This is a type of system that requires you to manually change the focus of the lens. Fisheye lenses that are equipped with a manual focusing system usually come with a focus ring that is situated around the base of the lens.
- Auto/manual: This is any type of camera that comes with both automatic and manual focusing systems.
When you are getting ready to use your camera, you may want to clean the lens before doing so. In order to clean the surface, make sure that you use a microfiber cloth as well as some cleaning fluid. The first application of the cloth should be dry. Make sure that the entire surface is wiped down. You should then apply some cleaning liquid to the cloth and gently wipe it across the glass. Only clean the glass occasionally; you want the coatings to remain on the surface.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sony.