You Can Replace Your LG Nexus 5 LCD Screen
Even if your LG Nexus 5 screen is cracked, you can still use it. But if you want to bring it back to full functionality, you can find an LCD replacement panel. All you need is some time and a few tools to bring your Nexus 5 back to optimal performance.What are the LG Nexus 5 screen specifications?
The Nexus 5 was released in 2013. It has a 4.95-inch touch screen with a 1080 x 1920 resolution. The phone uses scratch-resistant Corning Gorilla Glass 3. In addition, the camera on the Nexus 5 is 8-megapixels with HDR capabilities. This smartphone is powered by a Qualcomm MSM8974 Snapdragon 800 processor, and this smartphone model offers either 16 GB or 32 GB storage options.How do you know when to replace the LCD?
Anytime you notice screen pixel issues, the display is not functioning properly, or you have cracked the panel, you should install a replacement LCD. All the replacement parts can be purchased in an LCD screen replacement kit. The kit will have both a digitizer and an LCD screen. The digitizer is a component that controls the touch functionality of the screen. The LCD display and the digitizer work together to keep the LG’s display fully functional.What do you need to repair the screen?
To complete the repair, you will need to find an LCD display that is compatible with the Nexus 5. You can verify this information by checking the model number on the back of the battery. It is important that the LCD display is compatible, or you might have a phone that is not fully functional. You may need additional tools that may or may not be found in the LCD assembly kit. In the latter case, the following tools will help you in the repair process:
- Screwdrivers meant for use with small devices.
- A pry tool.
- A spudger.
- A clamp.
- Before beginning the repair, make sure to power down the device.
- Remove all screws from the side panel of the phone. You will also need to remove the battery.
- You can now use a pry tool to separate the LCD from the rest of the LG smartphone.
- Remove the components from the device.
- You can now install the new LCD screen. Carefully reattach the removed components.
- When you have reinstalled everything, turn on the phone to see if the repair was successful.
- Replace all the screws back in their original locations on the smartphone.
While the Gorilla Glass is very durable, it’s still important to use a screen protector. A screen protector adds an additional layer of protection that can help keep the screen safe in the event of drops or scratches.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by LG.