How to Purchase AWG Speaker Wires
As the name implies, speaker wires are used to connect audio components in your car, such as your car stereo, amplifiers, or subwoofers that make up your cars sound system, so its always a wise idea to be familiar with these installation accessories before you purchase Monster AWG cords for your system.
How Do You Decide Which Cables You Need?
To customize your cars stereo, you may want to add additional components to amplify and enhance sound, such as subwoofers. These pieces need to be connected via the proper wiring or cables that are meant for this specific purpose.
- Gauge refers to the thickness of the cables. Since these cords are for audio use, 8-gauge is just the right thickness for connecting components, though there are other gauges available if you need thicker cords for other uses, such as 12-gauge or 18-gauge.
- Next, select the type of cable you want for installation. The brand offers several series, including the 200 and 300 series. Compare the features of each connector to determine which accessories work well for your purposes.
- Youll also need to decide on cord length. They come in spools with a specific amount of feet in each spool, and there are a few factors that you can weigh as you choose the right amount of cord.
How Long Should They Be?
Youll notice as you shop that there are various lengths of cord that you can purchase. You may not know how to decide how long your cord should be, so consider these factors as you decide on a spool of cord for your sound system.
- Determine where in your car your components will go. Are you adding subwoofers to your trunk? Where are your amps? Are you running cords under your seats? Draw up a plan of where youre putting all your equipment, so youll know what you need for installation.
- Use a tape measure to measure distances between these pieces. Then, add a few extra feet so you have slack to work with just in case you need some for margin of error.
- In addition, be familiar with how long your vehicle is from end to end. This gives you an idea of how much you need if you dont have specific measurements.
What Are Some Features of Monster Audio Wires?
Though these cords are a convenient way to hook up audio accessories and equipment, they offer features that make them even more functional and useful.
- The brands patented Magnetic Flux Tube makes for greater transfer of current.
- DuraFlex cords are flexible and user-friendly when it comes to installation.
- The copper used in the cords helps to reduce pickup.
Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Monster.