Men's Ties for Christmas
A nice tie is sure to make a great addition to any formal Christmas outfit. You can add a men’s tie along with other goodies to the Christmas basket you are curating for your boys. You will find plenty of stylish options on eBay and you can pick the one you love. If your significant other loves classics, gifting him a classic Christmas bow tie would make him really happy! Spend the day browsing various Black Friday clothing deals online and pick what works for you. Brioni, Donald J. Trump, Brooks Brothers, and Robert Talbott are only some of the brands you’ll find on eBay.
What are the different types of neckties?
There are several different types available for you to choose from. Knowing the types will allow you to better coordinate with your attire.
- Necktie: This option wraps around the neck and hangs down long in the front.
- Skinny tie: This version is similar to a necktie, but it is much more slender.
- Bow tie: This style wraps around the neck and is then knotted up short at the base of the neck.
What are the different ways to knot a tie?
There are all sorts of different ways to make a knot. When it comes to a bow tie, its fairly standard. However, many bow ties opt for a pre-knotted option that allows you to clip it into place. A necktie usually requires tying, although there are pre-tied options available, too. Whether you prefer a simple knot or a more intricate design that stands out, you can find a knot that fits your personal style. Here are a few examples:
- Half Windsor
- Full Windsor
- Trinity Knot
- Nicky Knot
What materials are available?
Many materials are used to make neckties and bow ties. You want to ensure the quality is there, which is why the fabric matters. Certain materials will also better coordinate with different suits.
- Polyester blend
Does the length of silk ties matter?
The length of the necktie does matter, especially when making some of the more intricate knots. The classic length measures between 57 and 60 inches. There are also ones identified as being short, which are less than 57 inches, and long ones, identified as being longer than 60 inches.
What factors are considered when selecting a mens tie?
Its important to find a tie that suits your needs. There are a few decisions to make:
- Type: Determine if you want a necktie or bow tie as well as the styles within, such as a skinny tie.
- Pattern: Decide on the pattern that you want, which can include solid colors.
- Coordinating accessories: Figure out if you want various coordinating accessories, such as a pocket square or suspenders.
- Length: When purchasing a necktie, decide on the length that you need.