LCD Screens for Your Sony Xperia Play
Gaming enthusiasts can use Sonys Xperia Play phone as both a gaming console and a traditional smartphone. A clear and bright phone screen is essential for gaming, texting, and browsing the web, so you will need to find a new screen if the one on your phone accidentally breaks. Replacement Sony Xperia Play screens allow you to solve problems like a shattered screen, a screen with dead pixels, or a screen that no longer displays correctly.What components are included in an Xperia Play screen?
Many components within the Sony Ericsson smartphone are assembled together so you may get more than just the LCD screen with your purchase. Some options may include the following parts.
- LCD display: This part is always included with screens for Sony Ericsson Xperia Play phones. It is a thin panel that displays light to create the image you see on the screen.
- Digitizer: Most versions of a screen for Sony Ericsson phones will also include the digitizer, which is a thin sheet of glass mounted above the LCD. It is used to pick up your gestures when you are controlling the smartphone.
- Navigation buttons: The home, back, menu, and search buttons located right beneath the screen are automatically attached to some versions of the Sony Ericsson Xperia Play screen.
- Frame: Some versions include the plastic piece that goes around the outside of the screen and mounts it onto the phone itself.
- Replacement tools: Small tool sets and instructions may be included to make it easier to replace your old screen.
The screen itself will be a clear shade regardless of which smartphone model you pick. However, there are color options if you choose one of the screens that has a frame mounted around it. The screen frames come in both plain black and a dark blue shade which can match either the "Stock Black" or "Stealth Blue" color options of the Sony Xperia.How do you replace the screen on an Xperia?
Follow these steps:
- Step 1: Take the back cover off of the phone.
- Step 2: Unscrew the silver and black screws around the front half of the phone.
- Step 3: Gently pry up the plastic clips to reveal the motherboard.
- Step 4: Remove the headphone jack, unhook the display connector, and take off the motherboard.
- Step 5: Unscrew the metal frame that covers the LCD screen.
- Step 6: Disconnect the digitizer cable and pry off the old screen.
- Step 7: Fit the new screen in place and hook in all cables.
- Step 8: Screw the metal frame back in place, and reconnect the headphone jack, display connector, and motherboard.
- Step 9: Place the back on the phone and screw everything into place.