Interior Switches are Controls for Toyota RAV4
The Toyota RAV4 comes with a variety of interior switches and controls that allow you to maximize your driving experience. Over time and through normal wear and tear, or in the event of an accident, you may find it necessary to replace these switches and controls in your RAV4. There are a wide variety of options for you to replace any of the parts in your vehicle that have sustained damage.What interior switches in the RAV4 require replacement?
Your RAV4 is equipped with a bevy of switches and controls that let you have the best driving experience possible. Some available switches and controls include:
- Air conditioning and heater controls: Your RAV4 has a sophisticated climate control system that gives you optimal management of the interior climate of your vehicle. The switches, knobs, and buttons allow you to manage air flow, temperature, and other features like defrost. There are also buttons that allow for the driver and passenger to set their own preferences.
- Cruise control: These buttons are located on the steering wheel and allow you to set the speed so that you do not have to use the pedal in your Toyota RAV4.
- Radio: Your Toyota comes equipped with a radio that allows for AM and FM stations, Sirius XM satellite radio, CDs, and audio hookups. The radio is controlled by a series of knobs and buttons that may need to be replaced over time.
- Light switch: There is a switch on one side of your steering wheel on your Toyota that controls your lights. You can turn the lights on and off, put on your brights, flash your brights, and indicate a turn. This switch can easily be replaced if it is broken.
- Windshield wiper switch: There is another switch on the other side of your steering wheel that allows you to turn on your windshield wipers in your RAV4. You can also set the speed or put the wipers on automatic. You can replace this switch if it is damaged.
- Drivers door controls: There are several controls on the drivers side door of your Toyota. There are buttons to control all of the vehicles windows, buttons to unlock the door, and a knob to move the exterior windows.
- You will first need to detach the battery from the negative connector. Wait several minutes before proceeding.
- You will then need to take off the steering pad assembly and the steering wheel assembly.
- Take off both the upper and lower parts of the steering column.
- You will then be able to take off the windshield wiper switch and/or the light control switch. They are both connected with a claw.
- Install your new switches. You will then need to replace the steering column, steering wheel, and steering pad. Check all signals, lights, and wipers to make sure everything is functioning on your Toyota.