What to Know About Heavy Equipment Trailers
Trailers are used to ship goods and livestock as well as haul any number of items, either professionally or personally. In some cases, they can also be used as recreational vehicles. There are various types of new and preowned trailers available on eBay, including utility trailers, boat trailers, and horse trailers.What should you consider when buying a horse trailer?
Horse trailers are designed to be a comfortable and safe way to transport large animals. They have vents and are enclosed. Some horse trailers are partitioned to carry more than one animal. They are also taller than other kinds of trailers to accommodate horses standing upright when being transported.
The first thing you need to bear in mind is the maximum towing capacity of the vehicle you intend to use, and remember to factor in the total weight of the animals and trailer. You also need to ensure your vehicle can use the type of hitch required by the trailer. Decide whether you are going to use a stock trailer or a show trailer. In addition, you should choose between single axle trailers and tandem trailers, depending on the expected weight of your animals and equipment combined.What are the different types of boat trailers?
Special trailers are used to transport boats and, like other trailers, they come in different designs. Boat trailers include the following classifications:
- Class 1 - Trailers in this class can haul boats weighing up to 2,000 pounds.
- Class 2 - This class typically hauls boats weighing between 2,000 and 3,500 pounds.
- Class 3 - Trailers in this class can haul boats weighing between 3,500 and 5,000 pounds.
- Class 4 - This class typically hauls boats weighing over 5,000 pounds.
These are meant to be attached to a car or truck to haul goods. They are highly versatile, and these trailers come in several designs. They include the following:
- Enclosed trailer - These trailers are used to move goods, such as bulk shipments for grocery stores, or household items, such as furniture.
- Open trailers - These are great for hauling heavy items like lawn equipment, motorcycles, firewood, and construction materials.
- Folding trailers - These are used to haul a variety of goods. The design means they can fold up, and they have removable side racks and tailgates to enable hauling of oversized items.
- Small trailers - These are available in open and closed designs. They are lightweight and easy to tow behind small trucks. Small trailers are excellent for hauling personal items, dirt, lumber, and mulch.
- Sports trailer - These are mostly used to tow recreational vehicles like ATVs.
Regardless of the type of trailer you are looking for, eBay makes searching for the one you need easy. There are a number of different options that you can use to refine your search. Some of these options include:
- Condition: You can choose from new, used, or preowned trailers.
- Axel: Refine your search by choosing one, two, or three or more axel options.
- Trailer length: A number of trailer lengths are available from 8 to 40 feet.
- Hitch type: You can choose if you would like a gooseneck or bumper pull.
- Trailer width: Trailers are available on eBay at various widths.