Chrysler 200 Hubcaps
While many parts of a vehicle are either functional or aesthetic, hubcaps fall into both categories. Quality hubcaps protect your wheels and make them look more appealing at the same time. Also known as wheel covers, hubcaps are an easy way to customize your Chrysler 200 model sedan.What factors should be considered when purchasing hubcaps?
One of your wheel covers may be damaged, or you simply may want to upgrade the look of your vehicle. Either way, you have many options when it comes to purchasing new hubcaps for your car or truck. In order to make a wise purchase, there are several factors that you should consider when purchasing hubcaps for your Chrysler 200 or other Chrysler model vehicle. These factors include:
- Sizing: Like many other car or truck parts, hubcaps do not come in a one-size-fits-all package. You will need to pay attention to the size that you are purchasing because the wrong size hubcaps will not fit on your wheels. To determine what size you need, check your tires. Every tire has a series of letters and numbers that end with the letter R followed by a number such as 14, 15, or 16. That number is the measurement in inches for the appropriate wheel covers.
- Materials: Most hubcaps are made of either plastic or metal. Plastic ones are lighter, but they may not provide complete protection. Metal wheel covers are more of an investment and weigh more, but they provide the best protection for your cars wheels.
- Color: Most drivers select black, white, or a chrome color for their hubcaps. However, those who want a more personalized look for their Chrysler models can select from almost any color of the rainbow.
- Finish: Some types of wheel covers allow you to choose a particular finish such as matte or chrome. This is a personal preference and does not affect the items function.
- Design: Most manufacturers offer several different patterns and designs when it comes to hubcaps. This is yet another way to customize your sedan.
No matter what type of wheel cover you purchase, a secure attachment is important. Hubcaps can vary in attachment methods depending on the manufacturer and material type. In general, bolts, lug nuts, or snaps are used to secure them to the wheel. Depending on the type, you may need a hammer, screwdriver, or bolt wrench to install your new hubcaps. Always follow the manufacturer instructions when doing so in order to maintain the integrity and appeal of the hubcap.