Using HP Ink Cartridges
When printing at home or in the office, you will need to replace the ink cartridges in your printer periodically. Knowing the specifics of your printer will make it easy for you to get the right cartridge for your printing needs.What are the different types of ink cartridges?
Its important to look at what types of ink cartridges are available so you can supply your printer with ink. HP ink cartridges are available in various types. Once you identify what you have, you can then determine the kind of ink cartridges from HP that you need.
- Inkjet: Inkjet printers are responsible for using ink that can be used to print documents and images.
- Laser: Laser printers use toner and heat to transfer to print documents quickly.
Some HP printers are black and white. Other models are color. There are some in place that use different types of color ink cartridges. You will need to look at what is used to help you figure out what cartridges to buy.
- Black: These ink cartridges are used in color and black and white printers.
- Tri-color: All the color you need is included into one cartridge.
- Cyan/magenta/yellow: The cartridges are separate, allowing you to replace the colors that are specifically needed.
To install an ink cartridge in your HP printer, first lift up the top of the printer. HP models are designed to recognize when the lid has been opened. The carrier will center so that you can lift out the old ink cartridges and then insert the new ones. Your printer will then have you conduct a test print to make sure that everything is aligned properly.What is a combo pack?
A combo pack includes all of the ink colors that you need for your HP printer in one package. The combo pack varies based on the type of HP printer for which you are buying replacement ink cartridges.
- Double black: If you have a black and white printer, you may get double the black so that it will last longer.
- All color: If your printer accepts three color ink cartridges, your magenta, cyan, and yellow will be packaged together.
- Black and color: You can get your black and tri-color cartridge all in one pack.
Different printers require different types of ink cartridges based on the size of the carrier. Your HP model will identify the type of cartridge by a two- or three-digit number, sometimes followed by a letter. You can refer to an old ink cartridge for the number or refer to your owners manual.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by HP. >