Grilles for Mercedes-Benz C230
The Mercedes-Benz C230 is a statement in its own right, but many owners enjoy installing custom grilles. Its also possible that a grille will have to be replaced due to damage from a fender-bender. The grilles that you can install on the C230 sedan include the front bumper and fender, and because this is a front engine automobile, crucial systems in the engine of your Mercedes, like the radiator, are protected by a properly functioning grille.Do grilles for the C230 come in kits or as parts?
Replacement grilles for the Mercedes-Benz C-Class are available both as complete kits, which contain all parts of the grille for the C230 from Mercedes-Benz, as well as individual pieces for convenient replacement of just the damaged part. Which style and type you purchase will depend on the year and trim level of your Mercedes C230. Some of the options available include the following:
- Materials: Mercedes-Benz front bumper grilles for the C-Class are made from different materials, including stainless steel, aluminum, black powder coated steel, and ABS plastic. Some front bumper C230 grilles have the iconic Mercedes-Benz emblem in the center. These Mercedes-Benz C-Class grilles resemble the one originally installed on your Mercedes.
- Design: Grilles for the Mercedes-Benz C-Class come in an array of styles, such as the original style with the Mercedes emblem in the center, mesh designs, honeycomb styles, and chrome plated grilles. Remember that the grille on the C-Class is not just for looks, however; the grille admits cool air to the cars engine and radiator, keeping the engine in your Mercedes sedan cool while youre driving.
- Placement: The Mercedes-Benz C-Class has the standard front grille, but also features fender grilles that are located on the sides of your C230 or C230 Sport. They serve as brake ventilation duct covers for the C230 and are useful on the C230 Sport for keeping brake dust off the front wheels of your Mercedes. Fender grilles for the C230 come in silver, chrome, black, and other colors. They are also available in mesh and flare style designs. In addition, you can find Mercedes-Benz fender grille stickers or covers for your C230.
The style you are aiming for influences what type of finish you will choose for your Mercedes-Benz C-Class grille. If you have the C230 Sport, your Mercedes already has a sporty appearance, but you may want to give it a sleek look. Conversely, owners of a C230 sedan may want to give their vehicle a sportier appearance by installing a C230 Sport grille style. The following descriptions may help you decide:
- Chrome finish:Chrome grilles give your Mercedes a sleeker appearance.
- Black powder coated steel: This finish will give your Mercedes a sporty look.
- Painted:Painted grilles can complement the design of your Mercedes-Benz C-Class vehicle.
A Mercedes-Benz grille for the C-Class sedan can be installed via the bolt-over or replacement method. A new Mercedes-Benz C-Class grille is fastened over the existing one on your vehicle using the bolt-over method. When replacing a Mercedes-Benz grille, you take the old one off your sedan before installing the new one. You may have to drill and cut when using the replacement method.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Mercedes-Benz.