Honda CR-V Grilles
The Honda CR-V is a compact crossover vehicle that uses the same platform and chassis as the Honda Civic but with the body of an SUV. It has been in production since 1995, and it features front-wheel drive and available all-wheel drive, a 2.0- to 2.4-liter V-6 to V-8 engine, five- or six-speed manual or five-speed automatic transmission, and the option for a turbo diesel or continuously variable transmission. A collision or an impact may cause you to want to replace the grille of the CR-V.What are the features of grilles for the CR-V?
- Resistance to rust, fading, and corrosion: The grilles are made from steel with a chrome finish or black plastic. These materials resist rust and corrosion if the vehicle is regularly exposed to rain, road spray, or automotive fluids. The materials also resist fading when parked in the sunlight.
- Coordinating chrome finish: The chrome finish on the grilles coordinates with the rest of the trim on the outside of the doors and on the alloy wheels.
- Openings for the Honda emblem, headlights, fog lights, and turn signals: The grilles feature openings for placement of the emblem with the Honda logo. There are also openings for the vehicles headlights, fog lights, and turn signals. This facilitates installation.
- Select the trim type and model year of the Honda CR-V: Choose the trim type of your crossover, such as the LX, the EX-L, or the VTi. Different trims have different grille sizes and styles. Over the five generations and many model years of production, the grilles have also changed in shape and style.
- Choose the placement on the vehicle: Select a grille cover for the upper part of the SUVs front end where the radiator is located or a chin grille for the lower part of the front end of the SUV.
- Select a manufacturer for the grille: Choose Honda as the Original Equipment Manufacturer of the grilles. There are also grilles made by Aftermarket Products and Keystone Automotive Operations. You could select unbranded or private label grilles, too.
There are upper grille pieces and lower grille pieces for the CR-V. The upper grilles feature a place for the companys emblem and logo, which is a stylized letter H. The grilles have hatching for keeping debris out of the engine. They are typically made of a chrome overlay on steel. The lower grille parts may be made of chrome or plastic. They also have openings in order to improve the airflow around the CR-Vs radiator. The openings are made in a grid style. The upper and lower grilles are separate units. They attach to the auto body with metal clips and screws. On some of the upper grille products, the grille is three separate pieces. The larger central portion has the hatched openings, and the left and right side pieces fit under the lights.