Things to Know Before Selecting a Foscam Dome Home Security Camera
Foscam specializes in security devices for the home or small office. One of these such devices is a dome security camera. Some of these are wireless, while others rely on cables for power.What is a dome security camera?
This is a type of security device where the recording camera is mounted inside a transparent, half-spherical casing. It can be tinted to obscure the camera position. They are either mounted on a ceiling or suspended from a wall-mounted bracket. Some are wireless and use Wi-Fi to send signals, while others must be connected to a power source via cables.What are some features of a Foscam home security camera?
- Vandal-proof: The vandal-proof feature means that the security camera can withstand common types of damage, such as spray paint, drops, and knocks.
- WDR 2.0 technology: This IP camera feature optimizes image quality under a large range of lighting conditions, including night vision.
- Detected motion triggers recording and alert push: This feature works by using advanced algorithms that are able to detect human motions. If the camera detects human motion, it will automatically start recording while a real-time alert is sent to your email or mobile phone.
- Full color image in near darkness: The SONY Starvis sensor supports low light color night vision. It also shows more details with full color image in near darkness.
- Waterproof: The camera case can withstand moderate wet/damp weather, such as rain, fog, and snow.
- Lens: The 6mm lens provides a viewing angle of 30 degrees while capturing security video. Different IP camera models offer different megapixel qualities.
- Bracket: Multi-function mounting brackets are included to properly mount your Foscam Dome Home Security Camera on a wall or other flat surface.
- Antenna: The Foscam outdoor antennas are compatible with all Foscam Outdoor IP Cameras. This also allows you to wirelessly connect to the camera from other devices, such as computers or mobile phones.
- Waterproof junction box: These casings for the Foscam security cameras are designed to protect the cables of the outdoor cameras. They are protected from birds, animals, and moisture. Silver and white colors are available.
- PoE splitter: The Power over Ethernet splitter allows you to network video products that do not have wireless capabilities. Power and data are combined on a single cable. This eliminates demand for extra power lines and cables.
- Wide angle: The shape of the camera allows for a wide field of vision while capturing video footage. With a wider area under surveillance, there is less need for multiple devices when it comes to security equipment.
- Versatile: This device can be used in a variety of locations, including indoors or outside the home. It can be tinted or not tinted and wireless or wired depending on your needs.
- Tinting option: Tinting the clear material that surrounds the camera can be beneficial. While people will still be able to see the security device as a whole, they will not be able to tell where the lens on the IP camera is pointing.