Vibration Machine Foot Massagers
Using vibrations to give a foot massage is intended to loosen the muscles deep in the feet to help increase blood and oxygen flow. Here are a few things you should know about vibration foot massagers and how they work.How does a vibration machine foot massager work?
Many electronic vibrating machine foot massagers have mechanisms in them that vibrate while oscillating back and forth. The massagers use an electric motor to power things like vibrating rollers, mechanical fingers, or air compression devices to massage your feet. The devices must be plugged into an electrical outlet or powered with batteries, depending on the type of model you use.What types of foot massagers are available?
There are a number of different types of vibration machine foot massagers available, including:
- Handheld massagers: Handheld massagers typically have a small head with hard balls or rollers in it that you move slowly over your feet. You can also massage other areas of your body with this type of massager. These devices can be battery-operated or plug into an electrical socket for power.
- Padded massagers: These machines are made by placing a rubberized mat over hard balls that oscillate back and forth as they vibrate. You press your feet against the mat until the balls come into contact with the pressure points on the bottom of your feet.
- Pulse massagers: Pulse massagers have a main unit that sends signals to little pads placed strategically on your feet. Each signal sends electrical pulses through the skin and into the muscles. This causes the foot muscles to contract and then relax, which is intended to increase blood flow to the region.
- Shiatsu massagers: The shiatsu models replicate traditional Japanese massage techniques. Your feet fit inside chambers on the device. In some models, your ankles fit into the chambers, too. The shiatsu model uses mechanical fingers and heat as well as hard balls to rub your feet. The fingers are used for kneading the muscles. Kneading helps reach the muscles deep in your feet.
- Slipper massagers: The slippers come with battery-operated foot massagers inside of them. There are several different styles to choose from, with designs like pink pigs, puppies, elephants, and giraffes.
- Foot spa massager: A foot spa uses warm water, heat, and vibration to give you a foot massage. You place your feet into a basin filled with warm water and turn it on. The bottom of the basin vibrates while warm water relaxes the muscles. You can add essential oils and salts to the water if you so desire.