ECCO Dress Shoes for Men
ECCO offers dress shoes for men in a variety of different sizes and styles. See manufacturer site for details. Among the types of dress shoes you can find are oxfords, loafers, and wing tips. Colors, finishes, and exterior designs vary among shoes.Whats the difference between types of mens dress shoes?
- Oxfords: Oxfords are a basic type of dress shoe that feature closed lacing. They hug the foot snugly for a narrower silhouette.
- Derbies: Derbies are similar to Oxfords in shape. However, they feature open lacing, which allows the show to fit wider feet.
- Loafers: Loafers are made in a moccasin style and are slip-ons. They often feature decorative elements like tassels.
- Dress boots: Dress boots have a similar shape to Oxfords and Derbies, but they come up to the ankle.
- Monk Straps: Monk strap shoes are also similar to Oxfords, but they feature a strap in place of laces.
Mens dress shoes are generally made out of various types of leather. Types include:
- Patent Leather: Patent leather is treated with linseed oil lacquer or a synthetic coating, resulting in a smooth, shiny finish.
- Pebble Grain: Pebble grain leather is embossed to have a rougher texture.
- Full Grain: Full grain leather is typically the most durable part of an animals hide.
- Top Grain: Top grain leather looks similar to full grain, but it has a split layer that is sanded to remove blemishes.
- Smooth: Smooth leather is easily shined and has no grained or pebbled textures.
In mens dress shoes, the construction and style of the toe of the shoe makes a difference in the overall aesthetic. The different styles include:
- Plain Toe: Plain toe shoes do not include any decorative details.
- Cap Toe: Cap toed shoes have an extra piece of leather covering the toe.
- Wing Tip: Wing tip shoes have an additional piece of leather covering the toe that is a pointed "W" shape.
- Full Brogue: Full brogue shoes feature the wing tip leather piece at the toe but with decorative perforations.
- Semi Brogue: These shoes feature the same perforations as full brogue shoes but without the wing tip toecap.
- Chisel Toe: Chisel toed shoes have a tapered square shape to them.
- Round Toe: Round toed shoes feature rounded front uppers.
Different combinations of shoe style, toe shape, and type of leather result in a number of different designs for mens dress shoe suitable for different levels of formal attire. ECCO shoes also come in a variety of colors to match different outfits.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by ECCO.