Canon believes there are no limits to what an image can do. Canon printers embody this statement, bringing your memories to life with photo-quality prints for every task. Brilliant colors, deep blacks, and advanced image processing can help make your photos come out looking as vivid and clear as they did in real life.What kinds of printers does Canon make?
Canon makes a wide range of printers for both home and office use.
- Laser: Laser printers use a precise laser to magnetically charge documents as they run through the printer. Special toner is then placed on the paper, adhering to the magnetic charge on the page. Laser printers print quickly, can handle large printing volumes, and are cost-effective.
- Inkjet: Inkjet printers use small jets to place ink on a document and are supplied ink via ink cartridges. Inkjet printers can be compact and produce images in a short amount of time. Inkjets are versatile and can commonly be found in both the home and the office.
There are several printer platforms that utilize one of the two above technologies.
- Dedicated printers: Dedicated printers are only able to print documents and images. They do not include any additional utility like copying or scanning.
- All-in-ones: These printers can feature copy, scan, and sometimes fax capability. All-in-ones can replace several office tools with one central device.
- Wide format: These printers are meant to print much larger documents or images than standard printers are capable of. They support much larger paper sizes and accommodate rolls of paper instead of individual sheets. Available in a range of sizes, these printers can be used to create banners, large logos, posters, and more.
Canon offers four main printer lines for home and small office users:
- Canon PIXMA printers: These are photo-quality inkjet printers for everyday use. Canon PIXMA printers can be used for documents, images, or photos. They are available in all-in-one configurations and work well for low-volume home or office use.
- PIXMA Pro and imagePRO: These are designed for photographers and artists looking for borderless photo prints. Canon PIXMA Pro and imagePRO printers are dedicated photo printers with wider document trays and special photo ink cartridges for studio-quality photo printing.
- MAXIFY printers: These are inkjet printers intended for home or small office use. The majority of these printers are all-in-ones, featuring copy, scan, and sometimes fax capability. Made to be durable in order to handle larger print volumes, most MAXIFY printers come with large paper trays for continuous printing without the need to reload the printer.
- imageCLASS printers: These are large laser printers made for high-volume printing in an office environment. Available with color printing, these office workhorses have high print speeds (up to 35 pages per minute) and often come with duplex printing, wireless connections, and copy, scan, and fax functionality.