An Introductory Guide to Camera Stabilizers
Amateur and professional videographers alike often struggle with shaky footage, especially from an action camera, which can utterly ruin an otherwise excellent clip. Sometimes, these unfortunate clips can be stabilized in post-production, but it is often easier to use a set of stabilizing equipment to prevent the need for this editing later. Using a new or used camera stabilizer from eBay can help to keep your shots looking smooth and professional.What are the categories of stabilizers?
Camera stabilizers come in a number of different versions based on different types of stabilization strategies and the type of camera, whether still or video, that is being used:
- Software-based stabilizers will take shaky video and blurred photos and attempt to stabilize images after the fact.
- Tripods and other stabilizing accessories hold cameras in a position where they are less likely to shake.
- Gimbals are designed to keep an object from experiencing motion while attachments are rotated.
A gimbal is a piece of equipment used for photography and video shooting that enables a mounted device to be rotated around a single axis before being locked in place. This makes it possible to get lined up for the perfect shot and then to stay aligned while shooting for maximum stability. Gimbals can be used on moving booms in cinematography or attached to fixed items like tripods.How do you stabilize video using Wondershare Video Editor?
Fixing unstable videos using the Wondershare Video Editor is a simple process and can be done in a short amount of time. The step-by-step process for stabilizing video clips using the software are:
- Import the shaky video footage into the editing software.
- Right-click the clip, and select the option for video stabilization.
- The video clip will automatically be stabilized by the software.
The tripod is the pinnacle of camera stabilizer equipment provided that you dont have to move mid-shot to maintain contact. If this is an option, then combine this with a gimbal to get in the perfect position for the shot beforehand. Then, all you need to do is start recording and let the magic happen. If you end up needing a moving frame to get the shot you want, try using some version of a handheld stabilizer, which is a very convenient camera stabilizer that can be used when you need that motion shot to get the full effect on film.