Connect to the Internet With Belkin Wi-Fi Extenders
Founded in 1983 in California, Belkin is a leading manufacturer of home networking devices. Routers, Wi-Fi extenders, and network switches are among its most commonly used products. If you want to expand the range of your home network or need to work around obstacles like L-shaped corridors, Belkin Wi-Fi extenders are a device to consider.What styles of Belkin Wi-Fi extenders are available?
Wi-Fi range expanders come in a variety of styles to fit your needs. Select a Wi-Fi extender depending on the size of the space and the power of the device.
- Movable: Some wireless range extenders come with a cable that connects to a cable and plug. The unit itself can be positioned in an area that works for the user. An example of this type is the F9K1106 model.
- Plug-in: Most Wi-Fi range extenders fit this model. They plug into a wall outlet and send a wireless signal throughout the house. Some are designed with external, rabbit-ear style antennae. Examples include the N600 and AC1200 models.
- Packages: In some cases, a router and Wi-Fi network expansion device are packaged together.
The two key features of these devices are the range they cover and the power they pack. Some of these Belkin range extenders have external antennae, and some have internal ones. Common Belkin models include:
- N300: This model features a range of up to 5000 square feet. It is a sleek-looking device, with dual antennae inside the housing. Data transfer speeds for this model reach 300Mbps. It works with any brand of router.
- N600: The N600 features two external antennae made of plastic. It offers dual bands for speeds of up to N300 + N300 Mbps. This model can extend the range of your router by 7500 square feet.
- AC1200: This model features two internal antennae. It can boost your routers wireless range by up to 7500 square feet. It reaches speeds of up to 300Mbps. It uses dual band technology, so there is always bandwidth available.
- F9K1106: If you do lots of gaming or streaming, then this range extender is a suitable option for you. It is a stand-up unit, not one that plugs directly into the wall. It reaches speeds of up to 300Mbps + 450Mbps. This unit can eliminate wireless dead spots in most homes.
These devices are available in black on black and white on gray. These are neutral shades, chosen to blend in with other networking devices.Content provided for informational purposes only. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by Belkin.