Finding Replacement Battery Covers for Your Phone
The battery cover isnt just another phone accessory for your LG G4 slim phone; its a necessary part of your phone thats a must-have. When your cover becomes damaged and requires replacement, its a fix you can do on your own at home, and there are numerous compatible covers that you can use to swap the old part for a new one.
What Are Some Features of Battery Covers?
There are a few things to consider as you shop for a back part for your battery.
- These are also referred to as a back case, shell, or back housing for your phone, so you may see these terms used interchangeably.
- There are cut-outs to allow you to access your ports, use your G4 charger to charge up your device properly, or use the inputs and buttons as necessary.
- Some replacements come as a set that may also include a screen display and a digitizer that may come in handy when youve damaged the entire exterior of your LG phone and need to do some phone repairs to the front of the device too.
How Do You Pick a Battery Case?
There are a few factors to keep in mind as you select a replacement housing for your battery.
- You can begin by choosing a color. These battery cases come in an endless array of colors along with materials, so you can choose a hard, rigid cover or a faux leather one in shades of black, brown, red, gray, white, or metallics like gold and silver.
- Ensure you have the right cover for your specific phone model so it fits properly.
- Think about whether you want an OEM (original equipment manufacturer) case or a differently branded (or aftermarket) part. They typically both work the same, but you may want an OEM part to be confident that it will fit and perform properly.
Which Tools Are Required for Installation?
Its likely you dont have specialized mobile phone tools sitting around the house, but since this is a fix that anyone can do, all you need are the tools and a few instructions. In addition, make sure youre working in bright light on a solid surface with plenty of space.
- Youll need screwdrivers, which you can buy in a kit meant for smartphone repairs for a portable option, or you can buy the ones you need individually.
- A pry tool helps you to pull apart components without damaging anything.
- Tweezers come in handy when youre using tiny screws, so you can remove them without dropping or losing these small parts.
Content provided for informational purposes. eBay is not affiliated with or endorsed by LG.