Ford Focus Air Filters
Ford Focus air filters are an integral part of the performance of your car. There are several options available to you. By understanding more about the filters, you can choose whats right for your vehicle.What are the different types of air filters?
There are actually two different types of air filters inside of a Ford Focus. Its important to know which one you need to make the proper replacement.
- Air intake filter: This part is under the hood, designed to filter the air from the outside before it goes into the engine for combustion.
- Cabin air filter: This filter will collect dust and allergens from the outside before entering the air vents of your car.
OEM refers to a genuine part that was made specifically for Ford. Known as "Original Equipment Manufacturer," it allows you to choose a part that is used by the dealerships. The other alternative is aftermarket parts. You can obtain quality parts from OEM and aftermarket manufacturers to handle a replacement.How is the part installed?
Ford Focus air filters are installed differently based on the model year of your Ford. Additionally, it depends on the type that is going into your car. The one for your intake involves opening up the hood of the Ford. A black box located near the engine holds the filter. You can pull out the old one and replace it with a new one. The one for your air conditioning is typically changed by going in under the hood or behind the glove compartment. You should always plan on following the instructions in the owners manual.When is a replacement needed for your Ford Focus?
A vehicle maintenance schedule is included in the owners manual. The intake one typically gets changed every 30,000 miles. The one for your air conditioning should be changed annually. These can vary based on driving conditions, too.How do you buy an air filter for your Focus?
You need to be sure you get the right Ford Focus air filter for your vehicle. There are a few aspects to consider:
- Location of part: You need to determine if you need one for your engine or air conditioning.
- Quantity needed: Its possible to buy more than one at a time so you have replacements on hand.
- Model year and performance level: The model year and trim level have to be taken into consideration so you get a part that fits.