Make Professional Copies With a 1200 x 1200 DPI Flatbed Scanner
Your flatbed scanner adds to the mix of office equipment that helps you provide professional printing services. Publish in-house booklets, magazines, newsletters, and more for your business, too. These scanners plug directly into your computer and save files that produce prints at a 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution.What functions does a flatbed scanner provide?
Each model has its own set of capabilities. Some machines used in print shops, at commercial offices, and on production floors include the following:
- Multifunction scanner and printer: This allows for printing directly from an all-in-one printer and scanner or scanning the files and sending them to a separate print device.
- Production of multiple document types: Some machines scan information for documents that you would print on plain, matte, glossy, or card-stock paper.
- Save scanned files as multiple media forms: Most devices allow you to print a copy either directly from the scanner or from a companion printer. They also typically offer save-to-email and save-to-PDF functions to provide you with digital copies.
- USB or wireless connection: Some printing and scanning devices provide a USB cable for direct connection to your computer for making paper and digital copies. You have the option of choosing a scanner and printer combo that will save files to cloud storage for access on any device.
- One-touch operation: Make sure you set this option to the desired paper size. Additionally, decide other parameters such as margins before you begin scanning.
Many of them produce photos, brochures, business cards, and more at about a 300 dpi resolution for both offline and online use. Some machines offer 48-bit pixel print resolutions, but you often can use a scanning device to generate 8- or 18-bit grayscale and black and white documents.At what speed does a flatbed scanner provide a copy?
It depends on whether the printer functions are included with the scanner as one unit or the documents are sent to a separate device. Some devices will produce one sheet in about 6-7 seconds but others could shoot out single sheets in only a few seconds.What features are key when choosing one of these machines?
You might want a scanner that holds at least 40-50 sheets for volume print jobs, as is the case with certain HP, Epson, or Canon laser printers. It is helpful to have a menu that lets you specify whether you want legal, letter, label, or envelope copies. You also might want a machine that helps you produce booklets, stationery, and photos. If you choose a flatbed scanner that also prints, the type of ink the machine takes also determines how sharp the copies will look.